Altablue Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.What does this policy cover?
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Altablue Limited a private company limited by shares registered in Jersey by the Jersey Financial Services Commission Companies Registry having its head office at La Motte Chambers, St Helier, Jersey with company registration No. 15271 and an establishment registered in Scotland under No. BR016918.What information do you collect?
Information you submit: We will collect and process personal data (such as your name and contact details) and sensitive data (defined below) that you submit to us (whether submitted via our site, by email or telephone correspondence, or otherwise).
Information we collect about you: Each time you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); vacancies you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
You warrant that all personal data and information submitted by you to us (whether submitted via our site, by email or telephone correspondence or otherwise) is true, accurate, complete and not misleading.
How will your information be used?
Information you give to us: The personal data and sensitive data you provide will be stored, processed and disclosed by us to:
- provide recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process.
- assess your suitability for any vacancy which you have applied for and contact you about such vacancy.
- consider and contact you in relation to vacancies which you have not applied for but which we consider you may be suitable for, this may include vacancies outside the country in which you are based.
- permit our clients to assess your suitability for vacancies.
- enable us to send you job alerts and marketing information about our products and services.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or us and our client.
- answer your questions and enquiries.
- permit third parties to provide services to you or our clients as are necessary to facilitate the recruitment process, including medicals, skills testing and mandatory training courses.
- permit third parties to provide services to us or carry out functions on our behalf such as professional advisors and IT service providers.
- notify you about changes to our services.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Altablue Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.How long will your information be stored?
We will hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations and to in accordance with our legitimate interests as data controller.Cookies
We have measures in place to keep your information secure. This information may be stored by us either manually or automatically. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the collection and use of your information is in accordance with the Act.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.Sending information over the Internet
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com or logging into your irecruitment account and changing your preferences.
You have the right to review and amend any personal information held about you by us, for example, if you believe your details may be out of date or incorrect. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information.Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.Links to other websites